Olympus launched today the new ‘entry-level’ OM-D E-M10, plus a refined version of the very successful OM-D E-M5 to be known as the E-M5 Elite Black, along with a host of new lenses, new Stylus range cameras and exciting accessories.
Press Release For OM-D E-M10:
Olympus Imaging Corporation is pleased to announce the OM-D E-M10, scheduled for release in late of February 2014. This mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera conforms to the Micro Four Thirds System standard, and features a luxuriously-textured metal body, equipped with a large electronic viewfinder that has bright and clear visibility and offer the excellent image quality.
The OM-D E-M10 is the Olympus mirrorless interchangeable lens camera OM-D series entry model, with the cutting-edge technology into a compact and lightweight body. The E-M10 inherits the 16 megapixel Live MOS sensor and TruPic VII image processor from the high-range E-M5 and E-M1 models for the excellent image quality, high-resolution, and high-sensitivity. This model features an ultra-slim design with an excellent operability, and a quick response, high-resolution electronic viewfinder for authentic shooting style. This is a “SUPER PREMIUM, COMPACT” high-performance, mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera, with unparalleled design for capturing any moment perfectly that surpasses high-end models.
1. Ultra-slim stylish body that satisfies the desire to hold the camera and shoot.
2. Traditional optical technology and advanced image processing technology that brings out the excellent image quality.
3. Large, bright and clearly visible, quick response electronic viewfinder.
4. 3-axis VCM in-body image stabilization mechanism brings out the very best in every lens.
5. 81-point FAST AF and 8 fps max. high-speed sequential shooting to capture the moment.
The camera will be available in Silver/Black and packaged with different ‘kit lens’, depending on the market.
OM-D E-M10 Concept Video:
Press Release For OM-D E-M5 Elite Black Bundle:
Higher image quality with the M.ZUIKO PRO lens and refined body design OM-D E-M5 PRO Lens Kit (Elite Black) Olympus Imaging Corporation is pleased to announce the OM-D E-M5 PRO lens kit (Elite Black) scheduled for release in March 2014, which is combined with the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-40mm f2.8 PRO lens released last fall. This product will enhance the black body design and functionality of the popular Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, OM-D E-M5.
1. A traditional camera feel is portrayed with black leather-tone coating.
2. A leather-like design is also used on the grip for excellent texture.
3. The main dial and sub-dial have been refined for improved design and operability.
4. The new firmware Version 2.0 brings support of ISO LOW (equivalent to 100) and Small AF Target to the camera.
5. Bundled with the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-40mm f2.8 PRO, which is highly evaluated by many professional photographers.